Follow me on Twitter! @vgelflingv

I occasionally tweet. I'm not #humblebragging or anything.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dave Stevens




DAVE STEVENS: July 29, 1955 – March 10, 2008

I know that I am months behind, but I just found out that one of my favorite artists has died. Illustrator Dave Stevens passed away in March after a long battle with leukemia. He is the artist responsible for reviving the popularity of Bettie Page in the 1980s through his creation of The Rocketeer. Stevens also had a personal relationship with aging Bettie and helped her to regain legal rights to her images. If you haven't seen his work, please check it out. He captures the pure brilliance of people in his work and exemplifies the old school techniques of adventure comics. He will be greatly missed.

No comments: